Sales and Use Tax Audit Sampling
Business taxpayers sometimes face surprisingly large sales and use tax audit assessments when the tax or taxable amount is projected from seemingly small and infrequent errors in the auditor's...
The Hidden Costs of a Data Breach
Much of the business discussion around cyber-security relates to protection of key assets such as customer information and intellectual property, often after the news that another company has...
Cost Segregation Recapture Tax
Cost Segregation Recapture Tax Here are some ways to lower any depreciation recapture when disposing of a property. Savvy tax professionals who recommend cost-segregation studies are well aware of...
FASB proposes concepts for financial statement presentation
FASB issued a proposal that would establish a set of concepts for how recognized items should be presented in a financial statement. The exposure draft issued by FASB is designed for provide a...
FASB proposes changing income tax disclosure requirements
FASB proposed accounting rules Tuesday that would change disclosure requirements for income taxes on organizations' financial statements. Under the proposal, existing disclosure requirements would...
NSAC provides a variety of training sessions, publications, and research tools to enhance the professional competence of its members and improve the level of service they can offer cooperatives.
- The Cooperative Accountant is a quarterly technical journal featuring timely and useful information on cooperative tax, accounting, finance, and economic issues.
- Financial Reporting by Cooperatives explains and offers examples of financial statement entries unique to cooperatives.
- The Electronic Tax Library provides easy access to a searchable data base of IRS administrative rules and rulings and court cases concerning tax treatment of cooperatives. Available in the Members section of this website.
- Welcome to Cooperatives is a basic explanation of how cooperatives are organized and operated, including equity management and tax treatment. It is must reading for new employees without a background in cooperation.
- Membership Handbook provides an overview of the many publications, benefits, programs and structure of NSAC. This guide includes information on how to order extra items and how to find out more about all benefits available to members.