FASB proposal would improve hedge accounting, AICPA committee says
A FASB proposal for targeted improvements to accounting for hedging activities would simplify and improve the current model, according to a comment letter sent by the AICPA Financial Reporting...
Year-End Tax Tips
Steps to take before the New Year for a better tax return in 2017 1. First – what’s not changing: While President-elect Trump is in a strong position to enact his promise of lower tax...
More Time for Some ACA Reporting
The IRS has extended the 2017 due date for employers and coverage providers to furnish information statements to individuals – but the due date for filing with the IRS has not been...
Employers: Accelerated Filing Deadlines for W-2s and 1099s in 2017
One of the provisions in the Protecting Americans From Tax Hikes Act of 2015 (PATH Act) was to accelerate the filing deadline for Form W-2 and Form 1099-MISC. The new due dates take effect for the...
Judge Blocks Obama Rule Extending Overtime Pay to 4.2 Million U.S. Workers
A federal judge blocked an Obama administration rule to extend mandatory overtime pay to more than 4 million salaried workers from taking effect, imperiling one of the outgoing president's signature...
NSAC provides a variety of training sessions, publications, and research tools to enhance the professional competence of its members and improve the level of service they can offer cooperatives.
- The Cooperative Accountant is a quarterly technical journal featuring timely and useful information on cooperative tax, accounting, finance, and economic issues.
- Financial Reporting by Cooperatives explains and offers examples of financial statement entries unique to cooperatives.
- The Electronic Tax Library provides easy access to a searchable data base of IRS administrative rules and rulings and court cases concerning tax treatment of cooperatives. Available in the Members section of this website.
- Welcome to Cooperatives is a basic explanation of how cooperatives are organized and operated, including equity management and tax treatment. It is must reading for new employees without a background in cooperation.
- Membership Handbook provides an overview of the many publications, benefits, programs and structure of NSAC. This guide includes information on how to order extra items and how to find out more about all benefits available to members.