The Best Kept Secrets of Fraud, Part I
Deep in the heart of a steaming jungle, a ramshackle mining town is full of dangers like mudslides, snakebites, and tropical diseases. Even getting here is an adventure that requires a small plane, a...
FASB Proposes Targeted Changes to Hedge Accounting Rules
FASB aims to ensure that financial statements provide faithful depictions of the economic results of an organization's risk management activities.To achieve that goal, the board has proposed the...
Anticipating Questions about the New Overtime Rule
The Department of Labor released the highly anticipated final overtime rule in May, expanding overtime pay eligibility to approximately 4.2 million salaried workers across the country. Despite...
Avoiding the Doomsday Countdown: How Companies Can Prepare for Changes in Revenue Recognition
The countdown is on for 2018, as new international accounting rules, IFRS 15 for international countries and ASC 606 for the U.S., will change the way companies need to manage revenue...
IRS issues 2017 inflation adjustments for many tax provisions
The IRS issued the annual inflation adjustments for 2017 for more than 50 tax provisions as well as the 2017 tax rate tables for individuals and estates and trusts (Rev. Proc. 2016-55). These...
NSAC provides a variety of training sessions, publications, and research tools to enhance the professional competence of its members and improve the level of service they can offer cooperatives.
- The Cooperative Accountant is a quarterly technical journal featuring timely and useful information on cooperative tax, accounting, finance, and economic issues.
- Financial Reporting by Cooperatives explains and offers examples of financial statement entries unique to cooperatives.
- The Electronic Tax Library provides easy access to a searchable data base of IRS administrative rules and rulings and court cases concerning tax treatment of cooperatives. Available in the Members section of this website.
- Welcome to Cooperatives is a basic explanation of how cooperatives are organized and operated, including equity management and tax treatment. It is must reading for new employees without a background in cooperation.
- Membership Handbook provides an overview of the many publications, benefits, programs and structure of NSAC. This guide includes information on how to order extra items and how to find out more about all benefits available to members.