FASB changes presentation of defined benefit costs
FASB issued an accounting standard that is designed to increase the transparency and usefulness of information about defined benefit costs for pension plans and other post-retirement benefit plans...
The ROI of Revenue Automation in a Post-ASC 606 World
The new revenue recognition standards issued jointly by the Financial Accounting Standards Board and the International Accounting Standards Board have been a long time in the making, and merging U.S....
FASB Clarifies Scope of Asset Derecognition Guidance
FASB issued a standard that clarifies the scope of its asset derecognition guidance and adds accounting guidance for partial sales of nonfinancial assets. The guidance is included in Accounting...
Nonqualified Patronage Distributions Provide Alternative for Coops
Cooperatives distribute member-based income to patrons in the form of patronage dividends. Historically, these took the form of qualified patronage dividends with a portion paid in cash and the rest...
IRS Warns W-2 Phishing Scam Is Spreading Wider
The Internal Revenue Service is cautioning a variety of organizations that the W-2 phishing email scam is now spreading to more organizations beyond corporate America, with schools, restaurants,...
NSAC provides a variety of training sessions, publications, and research tools to enhance the professional competence of its members and improve the level of service they can offer cooperatives.
- The Cooperative Accountant is a quarterly technical journal featuring timely and useful information on cooperative tax, accounting, finance, and economic issues.
- Financial Reporting by Cooperatives explains and offers examples of financial statement entries unique to cooperatives.
- The Electronic Tax Library provides easy access to a searchable data base of IRS administrative rules and rulings and court cases concerning tax treatment of cooperatives. Available in the Members section of this website.
- Welcome to Cooperatives is a basic explanation of how cooperatives are organized and operated, including equity management and tax treatment. It is must reading for new employees without a background in cooperation.
- Membership Handbook provides an overview of the many publications, benefits, programs and structure of NSAC. This guide includes information on how to order extra items and how to find out more about all benefits available to members.