Companies Still Behind on Implementing Revenue Recognition Standard
The majority of companies admit they are behind on implementing the new revenue recognition standard from the Financial Accounting Standards Board, according to a new survey, despite a delay of the...
Phishing, Hacked Passwords Are Top Reasons for Data Breaches
Phishing, Hacked Passwords Are Top Reasons for Data BreachesVerizon released its ninth annual Data Breach Investigations Report last month, which reports on the major security breaches and methods...
Recognizing the Unconventional Keys to Your Company's Success
If you want to change something in your company, you start with single-minded attention and promotion. The same applies when trying to replicate more of a good thing. Successful companies, in the...
Accountants Rescued by the 'Magnificent Seven'
Forget about Yul Brynner, Steve McQueen, Charles Bronson, James Coburn, Robert Vaughn, Horst Buchholz and Brad Dexter. Accountants need a “Magnificent Seven” set of attributes to survive...
Five Things to Consider Under the New Lease Accounting Standards
The Financial Accounting Standards Board (FASB) released the long-awaited lease accounting standard on Feb. 25. The first exposure draft on the topic was originally released in August 2010 and has...
NSAC provides a variety of training sessions, publications, and research tools to enhance the professional competence of its members and improve the level of service they can offer cooperatives.
- The Cooperative Accountant is a quarterly technical journal featuring timely and useful information on cooperative tax, accounting, finance, and economic issues.
- Financial Reporting by Cooperatives explains and offers examples of financial statement entries unique to cooperatives.
- The Electronic Tax Library provides easy access to a searchable data base of IRS administrative rules and rulings and court cases concerning tax treatment of cooperatives. Available in the Members section of this website.
- Welcome to Cooperatives is a basic explanation of how cooperatives are organized and operated, including equity management and tax treatment. It is must reading for new employees without a background in cooperation.
- Membership Handbook provides an overview of the many publications, benefits, programs and structure of NSAC. This guide includes information on how to order extra items and how to find out more about all benefits available to members.