Continued Rise Projected for Accountants' Starting Salaries in 2017
Starting salaries for U.S. accounting and finance positions will continue to rise in 2017, reflecting high demand for skilled professionals, according to a new salary guide. Increases in starting...
Avoiding Cost Segregation Recapture Tax
Here are some ways to lower any depreciation recapture when disposing of a property. Savvy tax professionals who recommend cost-segregation studies are well aware of the recapture tax rules that...
The Risks of Intercompany Accounting
Companies that botch the accounting for transactions between different legal entities within their organizations can make their financial reporting slipshod. Deloitte polled more than 3,800...
FASB Proposes Targeted Changes to Hedge Accounting Rules
FASB proposed targeted changes to hedge accounting standards Thursday that are designed to help financial statements provide an accurate depiction of how an organization manages risk. The board...
FASB clarifies the classification of certain cash receipts and cash payments
The FASB issued final amendments to clarify how entities should classify certain cash receipts and cash payments on the statement of cash flows. The new guidance also clarifies how the predominance...
NSAC provides a variety of training sessions, publications, and research tools to enhance the professional competence of its members and improve the level of service they can offer cooperatives.
- The Cooperative Accountant is a quarterly technical journal featuring timely and useful information on cooperative tax, accounting, finance, and economic issues.
- Financial Reporting by Cooperatives explains and offers examples of financial statement entries unique to cooperatives.
- The Electronic Tax Library provides easy access to a searchable data base of IRS administrative rules and rulings and court cases concerning tax treatment of cooperatives. Available in the Members section of this website.
- Welcome to Cooperatives is a basic explanation of how cooperatives are organized and operated, including equity management and tax treatment. It is must reading for new employees without a background in cooperation.
- Membership Handbook provides an overview of the many publications, benefits, programs and structure of NSAC. This guide includes information on how to order extra items and how to find out more about all benefits available to members.