IRS Warns W-2 Phishing Scam Is Spreading Wider
The Internal Revenue Service is cautioning a variety of organizations that the W-2 phishing email scam is now spreading to more organizations beyond corporate America, with schools, restaurants,...
Preparing for the New Rev Rec Standards: Choosing the Right Adoption Method
As companies prepare for the new revenue accounting standards that take effect for all public companies in 2018, a wide range of accounting and financial executives are tasked with evaluating what...
Cost Segregation in a Post-repair Regs World
For many years, corporate accounting professionals have been taking advantage of cost segregation studies to provide significant tax benefits for their businesses by accelerating the depreciation on...
FASB Drops Step 2 From Goodwill Impairment Test
FASB eliminated Step 2 from the goodwill impairment test in an effort to simplify accounting in a new standard issued. Under the amendments issued, an entity should perform its annual or interim...
Revenue Recognition Path Forward
This compilation of recent articles from the editors of Bloomberg BNA’s Accounting Policy & Practice Report provides valuable insights into the new FASB and IASB standards on recognizing...
NSAC provides a variety of training sessions, publications, and research tools to enhance the professional competence of its members and improve the level of service they can offer cooperatives.
- The Cooperative Accountant is a quarterly technical journal featuring timely and useful information on cooperative tax, accounting, finance, and economic issues.
- Financial Reporting by Cooperatives explains and offers examples of financial statement entries unique to cooperatives.
- The Electronic Tax Library provides easy access to a searchable data base of IRS administrative rules and rulings and court cases concerning tax treatment of cooperatives. Available in the Members section of this website.
- Welcome to Cooperatives is a basic explanation of how cooperatives are organized and operated, including equity management and tax treatment. It is must reading for new employees without a background in cooperation.
- Membership Handbook provides an overview of the many publications, benefits, programs and structure of NSAC. This guide includes information on how to order extra items and how to find out more about all benefits available to members.