Three Ways to Improve Your Vendor Management
Most companies hire vendors in the course of doing business. The vendor could be a supplier of goods, a service company, a technology provider, or a building contractor. Senior management and...
Preparing Businesses for the New Overtime Pay Rule
In 2015, the Department of Labor proposed a rule that could have a significant impact on the way employers compensate their employees. This rule proposes changes that would expand the number of...
Anti-fraud controls cut significantly into losses, new report finds
The presence of anti-fraud controls such as management reviews and telephone hotlines can greatly reduce the damage done by fraud schemes. And the use of such controls is slowly on the rise. Those...
IRS issues 2016 and revised 2015 vehicle depreciation limits
The IRS issued guidance providing revised limits for the amount of depreciation taxpayers can take for the first year they use a passenger automobile (including a truck or van) for business in 2015...
New credit impairment standard, hedge accounting proposal on the way
The FASB hopes to issue a new credit impairment standard in the second quarter of 2016 that would require entities to estimate and recognize an allowance for lifetime expected credit losses for...
NSAC provides a variety of training sessions, publications, and research tools to enhance the professional competence of its members and improve the level of service they can offer cooperatives.
- The Cooperative Accountant is a quarterly technical journal featuring timely and useful information on cooperative tax, accounting, finance, and economic issues.
- Financial Reporting by Cooperatives explains and offers examples of financial statement entries unique to cooperatives.
- The Electronic Tax Library provides easy access to a searchable data base of IRS administrative rules and rulings and court cases concerning tax treatment of cooperatives. Available in the Members section of this website.
- Welcome to Cooperatives is a basic explanation of how cooperatives are organized and operated, including equity management and tax treatment. It is must reading for new employees without a background in cooperation.
- Membership Handbook provides an overview of the many publications, benefits, programs and structure of NSAC. This guide includes information on how to order extra items and how to find out more about all benefits available to members.