IRS Raises Standard Mileage Rate for Businesses
The Internal Revenue Service issued the 2015 optional standard mileage rates that are used to calculate the deductible costs of operating an automobile...
Will ACA Require You To Include Health Insurance as Wages
Beginning January 1, 2014, an employee is only non-taxable on health insurance benefits if they received it as part of a qualified group plan...
Year-End Gifting Rules Revisited
The IRS is reminding individuals and businesses making year-end donations that several important tax law provisions have taken effect in recent years regarding gifting.
Tax Fraud Blotter: Pining for Prison
Some of our favorite recent tax fraud cases.
Defining roles in prevention of financial reporting fraud
There is no way to guarantee that an organization will not experience financial reporting fraud. But research shows that fraud-resistant organizations share three traits...
NSAC provides a variety of training sessions, publications, and research tools to enhance the professional competence of its members and improve the level of service they can offer cooperatives.
- The Cooperative Accountant is a quarterly technical journal featuring timely and useful information on cooperative tax, accounting, finance, and economic issues.
- Financial Reporting by Cooperatives explains and offers examples of financial statement entries unique to cooperatives.
- The Electronic Tax Library provides easy access to a searchable data base of IRS administrative rules and rulings and court cases concerning tax treatment of cooperatives. Available in the Members section of this website.
- Welcome to Cooperatives is a basic explanation of how cooperatives are organized and operated, including equity management and tax treatment. It is must reading for new employees without a background in cooperation.
- Membership Handbook provides an overview of the many publications, benefits, programs and structure of NSAC. This guide includes information on how to order extra items and how to find out more about all benefits available to members.