FASB simplifies inventory measurement guidance
FASB has issued new financial reporting guidance that is designed to reduce the complexity related to the subsequent measurement of inventory.
FASB simplifies financial reporting by employee benefit plans
The FASB eliminated requirements that employee benefit plans measure the fair value of fully benefit-responsive investment contracts and provide the related fair value disclosures.
The Definition Of An Employee Could Be Evolving
This isn’t merely a matter of semantics, and it’s not only an issue that applies to federal employment taxes.
Smartwatches Could Become New Frontier for Cyber Attackers
Watches with network and communication functionality are opening up a new frontier for cyber attackers thanks to a largely cavalier attitude towards security by manufacturers, a new study by HP warns.
What Do Millennials Want?
Even as accounting and finance programs at colleges nationwide accept record numbers of prospective students, hiring managers at public accounting firms and CFOs in industry claim that hiring a quality young professional in 2015 can still be difficult.
NSAC provides a variety of training sessions, publications, and research tools to enhance the professional competence of its members and improve the level of service they can offer cooperatives.
- The Cooperative Accountant is a quarterly technical journal featuring timely and useful information on cooperative tax, accounting, finance, and economic issues.
- Financial Reporting by Cooperatives explains and offers examples of financial statement entries unique to cooperatives.
- The Electronic Tax Library provides easy access to a searchable data base of IRS administrative rules and rulings and court cases concerning tax treatment of cooperatives. Available in the Members section of this website.
- Welcome to Cooperatives is a basic explanation of how cooperatives are organized and operated, including equity management and tax treatment. It is must reading for new employees without a background in cooperation.
- Membership Handbook provides an overview of the many publications, benefits, programs and structure of NSAC. This guide includes information on how to order extra items and how to find out more about all benefits available to members.